It is 3 in the morning here and we are getting ready for bed (the hubs works nights so we always go to bed late). When i wake up I am starting my juice cleanse and quitting smoking. I must say I am very nervous.
I didn’t think I would be. But the reality of why I am really doing this juice cleanse and quitting smoking is setting in. I will hopefully be pregnant this year. Even though I have gone through planning for a baby before, I have never had so many emotions. I’m scared that I’m not going to be able to get pregnant, I’m scared that if I do I will have another miscarriage, basically I’m scared that my dream of being a mother will be taken away from me again.
So happy that tomorrow I will be placing my order for a NEW juicer and vacuum sealer (so I can make juice for a week at a time)!!!!
I am starting my cleanse Saturday even though my new juicer won’t be here until next week. My body is really telling me I need to do this! I am hoping to do this for at least a few weeks.
Since me and the hubs have decided to try and have a baby, I want to make sure all the toxins are out of my body and I am as healthy as I can be. Hopefully my PCOS will start to get better within the month and I won’t have to rely on going to the doctor.
I will have 3 different juices each week. The first week I am going to stick to the juices I have already have had, just going to add chia seeds to them for extra protein and to make me feel more full.
I am also going to quit smoking starting Saturday. The second week I am going to cut out Internet and phone and the third week I am cutting out T.V. and the rest of my list I posted earlier this week. I think that will help me succeed better than cutting out everything at one time. I know the first week is going to be the hardest. Not only getting use to juicing but not smoking. Both will be huge and I feel sorry for my husband ;).
The juices I am going to have this week are; My Yum-Yum Juice (cranberry citrus), The Red Juice, and Apple Green Grape. As I posted before I am having 3 juices and 2 cucumbers daily. And of course all the water I can possible drink. Once I go to the store tomorrow I will put a list of exactly what you will need for a week long juice fast using those three juices and the price of everything. I expect it to be around $30 for a week.
I will keep you posted!!!!
The Healthy Housewife 🙂
Basics of Clean Eating:
Eating clean involves not only choosing the right foods to eat but also avoiding all of the junk foods and processed foods that are so readily available. The keys to good health and proper nutrition are in the following principles:
- Eat whole foods: Whole foods are foods that haven’t been tampered with, in the lab or the manufacturing plant. The foods you eat on this plan are straight from the farm: whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, grass-fed and free-range meats, low fat dairy products, unsalted nuts, and seeds.
- Avoid processed foods: Processed foods are any food that has a label. A label means that more than one ingredient was used to make that food. You don’t have to eliminate all processed foods (like whole grain pasta or natural cheeses), but if you can’t pronounce an ingredient on a label, don’t put that food in your shopping basket.
- Eliminate refined sugar. Refined sugar provides nothing but calories. Other sweeteners can be used, but with all the good foods you add to your diet, refined sugar really has very little place in the eating clean plan.
- Eat five or six small meals a day. By eating smaller meals throughout the day you can help rev up your metabolism and reduce the chance that you’ll eat some Funyuns rather than that whole grain cracker with nut butter and strawberries. You never get so hungry on this plan that you’ll feel deprived or feel the need to cheat.
- Cook your own meals. Instead of buying meals in a box, cook meals from scratch. That’s not as hard as it sounds! Clean, whole foods need little preparation beyond chopping and sautéing to make satisfying, delicious meals your family will love.
- Combine protein with carbs. When you do snack or eat a meal, make sure that meal is balanced. For the most satisfaction from your diet, and so you’ll be less tempted to eat junk food, combine protein with carbs or carbs and fat. This simple act will fuel your body and quash hunger pangs.
If you don’t have time to make a smoothie or don’t own a blender a good alternative is this yummy little bottle of heaven! I believe it cost around $5. So it actually comes out a little cheaper than making your own. Super good! Just make sure that all the ingredients are clean!!!
The Healthy Housewife 🙂
Simple, cheap, yummy and quick meal!
Take some boneless skinless chicken breasts and some of you favorite veggies (I used cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives, and spinach) and throw it into a baking dish. Cook at 450 until done! Told you it was simple! The whole meal (which had 4 servings) cost around $5. That is $1.25 a serving!
How yummy does that look?!?
The Healthy Housewife 🙂